Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Little Birdie Ornaments

I wanted to make some ornaments to hand out with Christmas goodies to friends and neighbors, and since I seem to have a thing for birds, I knew this Pinterest find was PERFECT!
You want to make some of your own?  They were actually pretty easy!  Grab some burlap & contrasting fabric scraps, pick some ribbon or jute, find a bird template online & get started!

It is pretty self explanatory, so my instructions will be simple:

1--Cut bird shaper out of 2 layers of burlap
2--Cut a wing out of contrasting fabric
3--Stamp Christmas words (joy, love, noel, wish) onto the wings.  I used a metal stamp set and just used regular ink and it worked just fine.
4--Sew wing onto one layer of bird.




5--Place birds right-sides together, inserting a little ribbon in-between the layers to act as the hanger.
Done and done!  Don't you just love easy little projects!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment